Enabling Recovery and Resilience for Tropical Storm Sendong affected areas in Northern Mindanao
What is the project about?
The project aims to contribute to the recovery and increased resilience of the cities of Cagayan de Oro (CDO) and Iligan, which were severely affected by Tropical Storm Sendong in December of 2011.
The project has three expected outputs:
- Livelihoods / enterprise established or restored in priority barangays;
- Socio-economic resilience of the poor and most vulnerable in CDO and Iligan cities enhanced; and
- Enhanced capacities on disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM) / climate change adaptation (CCA) among LGUs and local DRRM councils in target areas
What have we accomplished so far?
In 2012, the Project accomplished the following:
- Implemented urban container gardening initiative in CDO;
- Provision of livelihood support to 138 affected families, including fisher folk and women vendors, in Iligan City;
- Development and finalization of the DRRM plans of CDO and Iligan cities;
- Formulation of contingency plan of CDO;
- Study visit of CDO and Iligan local government personnel to the Climate Change Academy in Albay;
- Conduct of DRRM Capacity Assessment of CDO and Iligan; and
- Conduct of Trainers’ Training on Community-Based DRRM (CBDRRM) in Iligan City.
|Donor name||Amount contributed|
|2013 (ongoing)||USD 61,852.00|