Strengthening the National Peace Infrastructure (SNPI) Programme
What is the project about?
SNPI supports the national peace infrastructure towards the achievement of UNDAF Outcome 3, which envisions the strengthening of capacities of claimholders and duty bearers to promote human rights, inclusivity, integrity, accountability, and the rule of law in governance.
By the end of 2018, it aims to achieve the following results:
- Duty bearers and claimholders have enhanced capacities to build an enabling policy environment for sustainable peace;
- Conflict-sensitive and peace-promoting perspectives mainstreamed in national and local development plans and programs; and
- Capacities of duty bearers and claimholders increased to build community resilience and protect vulnerable sectors in conflict-affected/vulnerable areas.
What have we accomplished so far?
In 2012, SNPI accomplished the following activities:
- Conduct of a training course on conflict-sensitive programming for national government agencies involved in the implementation of PAMANA, the government’s flagship recovery program for conflict areas;
- Development of a general framework for preparing communities receiving former combatants belonging to Rebolusyonaryong Partido ng Manggagawa-Pilipinas/Revolutionary Proletarian Army/ Tabara Paduano Group (RPM-P/RPA TPG);
- Conduct of livelihood study tours for the Cordillera Forum for Peace and Development to support the realization of the livelihood initiatives of former combatants from the Cordillera Bodong Administration – Cordillera People’s Liberation Army (CBA-CPLA); and
- Conduct of capacity building and strategic planning sessions for the Regional Commission on Bangsamoro Women in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (RCBW-ARMM) and various ARMM provinces towards the localization of the National Action Plan on Women, Peace and Security.
|Donor name||Amount contributed|
|UNDP Philippines||USD 145,078.20|
|UNDP APRC||USD 11,000.00|
- Project start date:
- January 2012
- Estimated end date:
- December 2018
- Geographic coverage:
- ARMM, Abra, Kalinga, Mountain Province, Apayao, Ifugao, Benguet, Negros Occidental, Negros Oriental, Samar, Leyte, Zambales, Palawan, Oriental Mindoro, Iloilo
- Focus area:
- Crisis Prevention and Recovery
- MDG 1
- Project officer:
- Alma Evangelista, Team Leader, Crisis Prevention and Recovery
- Office of the Presidential Adviser on Peace Process (OPAPP)