This year’s report looks at the areas where action is needed most: hunger, maternal health, sanitation and environmental protection, for example. This report also shows that the achievement of the MDGs has been uneven among and within countries.
Eight Goals for 2015
- 1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
- 2 Achieve universal primary education
- 3 Promote gender equality and empower women
- 4 Reduce child mortality
UNDP’s Leadership on the MDGs in the Philippines
Putting food on the table through SAPAT
UNDP Philippines take aim at HIV through local leaders
The Millenium Declaration
In 2000, 189 nations made a promise to free people from extreme poverty and multiple deprivations. This pledge turned into the eight Millennium Development Goals.
Latest MDG Report
View more reports
- 11 Nov 2015:Haoliang Xu: Statement at the Conclusion of the Sherpa Senior Officials Meeting of the Climate Vulnerable Forum in Manila
- 11 Nov 2015:Manila Coalition of Vulnerable Nations Raise Level of Ambition for Paris Climate Agreement
- 09 Nov 2015:UN Opening Statement: Sherpa Senior Officers Meeting of the Climate Vulnerable Forum