This year’s report looks at the areas where action is needed most: hunger, maternal health, sanitation and environmental protection, for example. This report also shows that the achievement of the MDGs has been uneven among and within countries.
Eight Goals for 2015
- 1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
- 2 Achieve universal primary education
- 3 Promote gender equality and empower women
- 4 Reduce child mortality
UNDP’s Leadership on the MDGs in the Philippines
Putting food on the table through SAPAT
UNDP Philippines take aim at HIV through local leaders
The Millenium Declaration
In 2000, 189 nations made a promise to free people from extreme poverty and multiple deprivations. This pledge turned into the eight Millennium Development Goals.
Latest MDG Report
View more reports
- 03 Feb 2016:Haoliang Xu: “The 2030 Agenda Implementation in Asia and the Pacific”
- 26 Jan 2016:The Sustainable Development Goals (Agenda 2030) and the Role of Business in Nation-Building and in Achieving the Global Goals
- 18 Jan 2016:Transferable and higher skills needed to secure human development progress in Asia and the Pacific